Tuesday 13 September 2011

The biggest spider that has ever existed ever.

So when we are not collecting eggs, carrying eggs, throwing away eggs, eating eggs (seriously how many eggs is healthy to eat in one day? is 6 too many?), we are working odd jobs around the farm.

Yesterday I took on the job of cleaning the quad bikes. I really don't think they have been cleaned since the dawning of time. The 'mud' (aka cow shit) that I has to scrape off of the underside of one of the quads was unreal. I tried using the hose, then a stick, then I gave up and was using my hands (GLOVED!) to clean this bike.

Well one of the other workers, Bastiaan, was helping me to clean out some old buckets from the back of the bike before I hosed down everything. I don`t know where these buckets had been sitting, my guess is somewhere evil, because apparently the biggest spider that has ever existed to the world had been living in one of them. Only when I saw the spider it was not in the bucket anymore....

ME: ``BLLLAAAHHHHHH ARRGGGEEEEE  AHHHHHHHH! THE BIGGEST F%$#IN SPIDER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS ON YOU!!!"





I'm quite afraid of spiders, especially in Australian where most of them can kill you.

ME (about 30 feet away by now and yelling): " IT'S ON YOU! IT'S ON YOU! IT'S ON YOU! BLAHHH"








So I ran away (quite gladly) and did get the Poisons Spiders of Australia book. While Bastiaan (quite calmly) let the biggest spider that has ever existed ever, just crawl around him.










So I got the book and we looked up the spider (while it was still on Bastiaan) and it turns out it wasn't so poisonous.


Doesn't make it any less terrifying.




Elise


1 comment:

  1. Aaaand I'm officially not interested in visiting Australia. Thanks for the nightmares!

    ReplyDelete